Today, we have some good news for our readers who own an LG Android smartphone running Android 2.1 or higher. If you fit this criteria, then you are eligible to download the Box.net app and receive 50GB of free storage. This promotion is currently running from November 30, 2011 until March 31, 2012. Even if you don’t think you have a need for cloud storage, you may want to download, install the app, and create an account simply to receive the 50GB of storage just in case you need it in the future.
The Box app allows you to upload files from your computer and access it remotely on your Android smartphone. In addition, you can upload files from your smartphone for access on your computer. File sharing becomes a lot easier since Box allows you to create a private link that can be sent out only to those you trust. The advantage to uploading files to the cloud is the fact that it will not take up any space on your local hard drive and you can access it anywhere on any smartphone with the Box app and any PC.
Now, in case you don’t own an LG Android smartphone, you can still download the app and take advantage of the free 5GB storage Box offers news users.
Before writing this post, I thought I would try the Box app on my T-Mobile G2X (by LG) since I haven’t used it before. It was an easy process to receive the 50GB of storage — all I did was download the app from the Android Market and create an account. I primarily use Dropbox for my file storage/sharing needs, but I may start using Box more since it offers 25x the storage space.
- [...] using Box more since it offers 25x the storage … by Box teams up with LG, offers 50GB of free storage to LG Android owners – Droid Does Droid
- [...] is cool. We all could use 50gb free. Androinica Box teams … by [ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme – Page 41 – Android Forums
- [...] owners including us optimus owners get 50gb free cloud … by 50gb free storage for lg – Android Forums
- Cloud storage apps – what are they and how do they work?
- Xperia owners will receive 50GB of free storage thanks to Box
- Box offering 50 GB of free storage for Android users, along with update and tablet giveaway
- Google Drive cloud storage service launches, 5GB free space for all
- Google Drive offers 5GB of free online storage [Download Now]