Here’s a quick note for anyone who has been on the fence about purchasing the Nook Tablet. Barnes & Noble is having a one-day sale on its new customized Android tablet. Anyone who purchases any Nook device – including the Nook, Nook Color, or Nook Tablet – with a MasterCard credit card will receive a $25 gift card for Barnes & Noble.
Barnes & Noble has made the deal available to all MasterCard holders, so if you thought about purchasing the Nook Tablet for yourself or someone else, here’s a chance to come out ahead with the purchase. You can include the $25 gift card to get that person started on purchasing books, magazines, or apps. Or you can use it for yourself to get those same things.
The Nook Tablet is Barnes & Noble’s new reading and media consumption device built with a heavily-customized version of Android 2.3. It has a VividView screen, 1GHz dual-core processor, and is tied into the B&N ecosystem with millions of books and lots of apps tailor-made for the device. You can get more info on the tablet here, but there are plenty of entertainment options available through Netflix, Pandora, and similar apps.
- Nook Color update adds Netflix, Flixster, Comics, and “100 enhancements”
- Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet 8GB debuts at $199, competes directly with Amazon Kindle Fire
- NOOK Color to receive OTA update this week, includes Netflix support
- Barnes & Noble releases cheaper Nook Tablet to compete with Kindle Fire
- Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet officially announced