Verizon Wireless passed up its chance on the Samsung Galaxy S II because it new it was going to launch a different killer Samsung smartphone — namely the one attributed to the pure Google experience. The Samsung Galaxy Nexus was unveiled over a month ago, and while the model in the United Kingdom already launched, it has yet to be seen on American shores. In fact, even Canadian carriers quickly jumped to their respective websites informing customers of launch dates and other information. Verizon Wireless, the main carrier confirmed to launch the Galaxy Nexus, has been relatively quiet in terms of relaying information about the first Ice Cream Sandwich phone, but the general consensus has always been that it would launch in November.
According to a recent report by BusinessInsider, Samsung has confirmed to them that the Galaxy Nexus will launch in December. Recently, we heard several whispers of a potential launch date for the Galaxy Nexus on December 8th. While Samsung did not confirm any specific dates in December, it looks like the December 8th date has more credence than any November date we heard.
Verizon Wireless — in the past few weeks — launched two high-end 4G LTE smartphones: the Motorola DROID RAZR and the HTC Rezound. I imagine there are many customers trying to resist the urge to buy either the DROID RAZR or the Rezound because they prefer the Galaxy Nexus. However, a customer is only going to wait so long for a phone that has yet to even been officially given a launch date by Verizon. In any case, it will be interesting to see if Samsung or Verizon will out right announce the launch date and pricing information.
- [...] Comments [...] by Samsung reportedly confirms Galaxy Nexus launch will occur in December, adds to the frustration | Mobile news
- [...] or Verizon will out right announce the launch date and … by Samsung reportedly confirms Galaxy Nexus launch will occur in December, adds to the frustration – Droid Does Droid
- At first, I thought Verizon were just being jerks to Google due … by Massive Stapler
- By the time they get it the Galaxy S III will be out! by @JabariHunt
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus could sell for $199 according to leaked Verizon ad
- Verizon celebrates 1 year 4G LTE anniversary, confirms DROID Xyboard, Galaxy Nexus “coming soon”
- Verizon Wireless announces the Samsung Illusion, aimed towards the budget conscious
- Verizon Galaxy Nexus will not support Google Wallet [The Death of "Pure Google" Experience]
- F***ing Finally! $299 Verizon Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE officially announced for Dec. 15!